09 Jul Fruity Winter Baguette
For those who likes a hint of sweetness and nuttiness in their bread, this is the bread for you. This baguette is deliciously chewy, nutty and complements the mildly sweet flavour of honey perfectly.
Preparation: 40 minutes
Baking: 22 minutes
3 hours 5 minutes
Lightly toasted and serve with butter
|SAF-INSTANT™ Red instant dry yeast||1g|
1. Roast the sesame for 8 minutes at 230˚C.
2. Melt the honey.
3. Add the melted honey to the water, orange zest, lemon zest and cinnamon and mix.
4. Add the roasted sesame and mix.
5. Add the rye flour and mix until you achieve a homogeneous mixture.
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Place all the ingredients into the mixer except for the spices preparation.
2. Mix the ingredients for 6 minutes on low speed and 2 minutes on high speed.
3. Add spices preparation into the mixture and mix for 5 minutes on low speed.
4. Final dough temperature should be approximately 25˚C.
5. Place the dough into a bowl, cover and let it rest for 2 hours at room temperature of around 25˚C.
1. Divide the dough equally into 2 pieces, approximately 300g each.
2. Pre-shape each piece of dough, cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
3. Flatten the dough slightly and fold it to the shape of a baguette approximately 35cm in length.
4. Cover the dough lightly and let it rest for 45 minutes at room temperature of around 25˚C.
1. Preheat your oven at 250˚C.
2. Dust the surface of the dough with flour to create a beautiful contrast for the scores to stand out.
3. Score the top of the dough to create leave shapes with a sharp blade.
4. Place a bowl of water in the oven and bake the bread for 22 minutes at 250˚C.