16 Nov Korean Cream Bread
Soft, fluffy and creamy, the Korean Cream Bread is just the perfect comfort food. Wonderful on its own, as a simple packed lunch with peanut butter and jelly or serve alongside soup for dipping.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Baking: 25 minutes
With a layer of butter or toast it with grilled cheese
instant dry yeast
|Magimix® Green (optional)||1g|
|Magimix® Softness (optional)||3g|
|Cochineal liquid colouring||3ml|
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Place all the ingredients into the mixer except for the cochineal liquid colouring.
2. Mix the ingredients for 4 minutes on low speed and 7 minutes on high speed.
3. Divide the dough in 2 equal portions and keep 1 portion raw.
4. Take one of the dough, add in the cochineal liquid colouring and mix for 3 minutes on low speed.
5. Final dough temperature should be approximately 25˚C.
6. Cover both doughs and let them rest for 60 minutes at 30˚C.
1. Shape each dough into a round ball and let it rest for 20minutes.
2. Take the plain dough, flatten by hand and roll it out so it’s flatter and wider.
3. Repeat step 2 with the coloured dough.
4. Place the coloured dough on the plain dough.
5. Starting with the end furthest from you, roll the combined dough towards you to form a batard shape.
6. Place the dough into a tin.
7. Cover the dough lightly and let it rest for 90 minutes at around 35˚C.
1. Preheat the oven at 180 ˚C.
2. Bake the bread for 30 minutes at 180˚C.
3. Let it cool before slicing to serve.
*For optional ingredients, please do adjust the mixing and proofing timing accordingly if they are not included in the bake.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.