09 Jul Vendee Tresse
A light and airy French braided brioche that is rich in eggs and sugar, with a fragrant aroma of rum, vanilla, orange and butter. This brioche can be made into various shapes and sizes with some creations weighing between 10 to 20 kilos!
Preparation: 45 minutes
Baking: 20 minutes
Total waiting/resting: Overnight required
Delightful on its own or pair it with a nice fruit jam and a cup of tea.
|SAF-INSTANT™ Gold instant dry yeast||12g|
|Orange Blossom Water||9ml|
(To be prepared one day in advanced of preparing the dough.)
1. Melt the butter and add-in the sugar (45g), rum, orange blossom water and vanilla extract.
2. Mix with a whisk until you achieve a homogeneous mixture.
3. Store in fridge.
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Place all the ingredients in the mixer except for the butter preparation.
2. Mix for 4 minutes on low speed and 10 minutes on high speed.
3. Add in the butter preparation and mix 4 minutes on low speed and 3 minutes on high speed.
4. Final dough temperature should be approximately 28˚C.
5. Cover and let it rest for 1 hour at approximately 30˚C.
1. Divide the dough equally at 100g each.
2. Pre-shape each dough into short baguette.
3. Cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
4. Shape, roll and lengthen the dough to around 30cm.
5. On a lightly floured work surface, take 3 dough and braid them as you would for hair, pinching the ends and tucking them under to keep the braid intact. (Make it into a circle as shown in the image or into various shapes as you like)
6. Brush the surface with eggs.
7. Cover and let it rest for 3 hours at 30˚C.
8. Cover with plastic and store in the fridge overnight.
9. Remove the dough from the fridge and let it rest for 4 hours at 30˚C.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Brush the surface of the dough with eggs.
3. Bake for 20 minutes at 160 ˚C.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.