01 Jul Muesli Bread Sticks
Energise your mornings or afternoons with this light and nutritious bread snack for a quick boost of fibre! This is definitely going to be a favourite among children and adults.
Preparation : 1h
Cooking : 12mins
Total waiting/resting: 1h
Serve warm with a cup of coffee or your favourite breakfast beverage! You may also dip the bread sticks with fruit jam for added flavour.
(or other nuts of your choice)
1. Lightly toast the hazelnuts in the oven.
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Add water, yeast, butter and honey.
2. Mix with a mixer for 3 mins on low speed and 6 mins on high, until a homogeneous dough is obtained.
3. Stir the dried raisins and dried apricots into the dough.
4. Form the ball and place it in a bowl/container.
5. First fermentation: Cover it with a damp cloth and let sit for 30 mins at room temperature of 26 – 30°C.
1. Take out the fermented dough and spread it out in the shape of a rectangle, with thickness measuring around 1.5cm.
2. Cut the dough into strips of about 1.5cm wide and 10cm long.
3. Roll the strips on a damp cloth and then roll them in the muesli.
Line the muesli coated stips on a tray lined with baking sheet.
4. Let the bread strips rest and sit for about 30 mins at room temperature of 26 – 30°C.
1. Preheat convection oven to 190°C. Bake the bread strips for 10-12 mins.